NEVER A DULL MOMENT in the OAKLAWN LIBRARY
Library Media Center Goals:
- To supplement and enrich the curriculum and instruction offered by the District.
- To provide resources to patrons through a systematically developed collection within the school and access to resources outside the school.
- To maintain a broad range of materials and information representing varied points of view on current and historical issues, and to make available materials to challenge the different interests, learning styles, and reading levels of the school’s students that will help them attain the District’s educational goals.
- To provide intellectual and physical access to materials in a variety of formats.
- To provide instruction in information literacy skills that will enable students become life-long learners and independent responsible users of information.
- To provide assistance in identifying, locating, and interpreting and using information.
- To provide learning opportunities related to new technologies, use and production of a variety of media formats.
- To provide instruction in the use of the library media center.
- To work collaboratively with teachers in order to support and enhance the curriculum.
- To encourage students to read and be actively involved in their library media center.
- To encourage parental participation and community involvement.